Press & Media
If you have any questions, please contact:
Joe Tessari, email@example.com
Read the news and discover groundbreaking new developments in filtration & separation products, processes and applications at FiltXPO™ – the 3-day power-packed exhibition and technical conference in the United States dedicated exclusively to filtration and separation professionals.
Connect with 200 exhibitors and 2,000 professionals who are involved in the design, manufacture, sale, use or study of filtration and separation products, equipment and services.
A sampling of the 2020 technical conference topics includes:
- Biopharmaceutical filtration needs
- Membrane filtration and the approach of nanofiber-enhanced meltblown materials
- Energy technologies and applications across all sectors of filtration and separation
INDA Announces FiltXPO™ Technical Conference Speaker Lineup
Dec. 4, 2019
Engineers, scientists and industry professionals will dive deep into critical filtration and separation issues at the FiltXPO technical conference, Feb. 26-28, 2020, at Navy Pier, Chicago, Ill. The stellar speaker lineup with conference details are available on the conference and speaker webpages.
Paired with the exhibition featuring up to 200 exhibitors, technical presentations by more than 30 industry experts will address the critical issues of filtration and separation processes and materials. FiltXPO is the only North American exhibition and technical conference dedicated exclusively to filtration and separation.
The program features keynote presentations and intensely-focused sessions around the following seven interest areas: air and gas filtration, biopharmaceutical, filter media modeling, nanofiber filter media, membrane technologies, separation and manufacturing and water filtration. The program continues to add subject matter experts.
FiltXPO attendees can glean insights and strategies into such areas as:
- Engineering cleaner air
- Developing next-generation filters
- Low-cost material alternatives for microfiltration applications
- Testing filter efficiencies
- Protecting livestock against airborne viruses
- Meeting stringent emission norms
- Groundbreaking nanofiber research
Among other compelling session topics are modeling filtration technologies that can provide clean air and water to astronauts on deep space missions; ecological and environmental alternatives to fluorinated hydrocarbons; filtration megatrends affecting machinery manufacturers; new silicon filtration membrane technology; and optimizing filtration media for wastewater-related gas removal.
Keynote speakers include:
Gas Phase and Particulate Filtration: Delivering Advanced Solutions with Performance Materials – Michael O’Laughlin, Vice President, Advanced Solutions, Lydall Performance Materials will provide keen insights for engineering cleaner air with gas phase filtration by adsorbing molecular contaminants with physisorption and chemisorption.
Current Challenges, New Technologies and the Future Prospects of Novel Filters for Biopharmaceutical Separations –Michael Phillips, Ph.D., Director Next Generation BioProcessing R&D, MilliporeSigma will share a Fortune 500 company’s viewpoint on new technologies and challenges overcome to develop next-generation filters.
Understanding Airborne Dust and Droplet Filtration Via Multiscale Modeling and Experiment– Tafreshi Hooman, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University will present past and current studies on modeling dust particles filtration via fibrous filters that are key to designing new products for droplet removal.
Separation & Manufacturing – Shagufta Patel, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Parker Hannifin Company
Other highlighted speakers include:
- Air/Gas Filtration – A Novel Long-Life Air Cleaning Unit and its Continuous Operation Performance Analysis presented by Xin Feng, Research Fellow, Air Cleaning Techcenter(ACT), China Academy of Building Research; Testing and Estimating Efficiencies of Ventilation Filters at PM2.5 and 10 byR. Vijayakumar, Ph.D. President, Aerfil, LLC; Airborne Pathogen Protection in Livestock Operations, Carlos Lora, Global Director of Market Strategy Animal Science, AAF International (Daikin Industries); An Innovative Filter Media for Hot Gas Filtration Application, Neeraj Shukla, Manager, Welspun India Limited.
- Biopharmaceuticals – Progress and Future Potential of Monolitchic Chromatographic Resins in Bioseparations presented by Ales Strancar, CEO, BIA Separations D.O.O. as well as additional speakers to be announced.
- Filter Media Modeling – Microscale Simulation of Gas-Liquid and Liquid-Liquid Filtration, presented by Ben Mullins, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Director Occupation, Environment and Safety, Curtin University; Modeling Heterogeneous Filter Structure and Pressure Drop Evolution, Chris Hogan, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, University of Minnesota, Department of Mechanical Engineering; Modeling to Design Filtration Processes with Application to Crewed Missions in Deep Space, Christopher Cox, Ph.D., Professor & Department Head, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga; Machine Learning-Based Segmentation and Identification of Individual Fibers and Binders in CT Images of Fibrous Media, Andreas Wiegmann, CEO, Math2Market GmbH; and Modeling and Simulation of Meltblown Processes for Fine Fiber Nonwovens, Dietmar Hietel, Ph.D., Director of Process Control, Fraunhofer-Institute For Industrial Mathematics (ITWM).
- Membrane Technologies – Preparations and Characterizations of Low-Cost Porous Ceramic Membranes for Potential Microfiltration Applications, presented by Jang-Hoon Ha, Ph.D., Powder and Ceramics Division, Korea Institute of Materials Science; Antifouling Silicon Nanofiltration Membranes for Molecular-Scale Separations in Harsh Environments, Brendan Smith, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Associate, MIT; and PLA Filter Media, Behnam Pourdeyhimi, Ph.D., William A. Klopman Distinguished Professor and Executive Director, North Carolina State University, The Nonwovens Institute. Fred Lybrand, Director, Business Development, HESF, Hollingsworth & Vose Company, also will speak in this session track.
- Nanofiber Filter Media –Metallized Nanofibers: Pollutants Removal and Medical Applications Based on Filtration, presented by Alexander L. Yarin, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago; and Production of Micro and Nanofibers by Solution Blow Spinning: Current Status, Eliton Medeiros, Ph.D., Professor, Federal University of Paraíba. Other speakers include Stanislav Petrik, Director, Technical University of Liberec; Peter Kofinas, Ph.D., ChBE Professor & Chair, Maryland Energy Innovation Institute, University of Maryland; and Andrew McDowell, Director, Sales & Marketing, NXTNANO.
- Separation and Manufacturing – Case Study in the Development and Use of PFAs and Other Flourinated Hydrocarbons and the Resulting Ecological Mayhem, presented byHal Alper, President & Chief Science Officer, MYCELX Technologies Corporation; Filtration and Filter Media Production in a Changing World, Lothar Kaierle, Vice President Sales Nonwovens, American Truetzschler, Inc.; and Textile Composites: Important Considerations for Performance and Manufacturability, Ray Piascik, Director of Marketing and Sales, Beckmann Converting, Inc. & Sandel International. Also speaking, Carl Shenk, R&D Manager, MYCELX Technologies Corporation.
- Water Filtration – Targeted Odorous Gas Removal presented by Jayraj Joshi, Ph.D., Product Innovation Specialist, Purafil Filtration Group, among other notable talks.
FiltXPO is expected to attract more than 2,000 attendees and 200 exhibitors for three intensely-focused days of technical program content within the hottest topics in filtration and separation. Technical conference sessions will run in conjunction with the show floor exhibition. To register and for program updates and speaker announcements, visit our registration page.
“FiltXPO is the event that brings together innovation and applications in the filtration and separation industry. This technical conference and exhibition will create valuable opportunities for buyers, suppliers, designers and researchers to discover the latest developments and establish new connections in our industry,” said Paul Marold, President, Lydall Performance Materials, Inc.
“The conference element of FiltXPO will bring together some of the leading thinkers on the cutting edge of the key areas of filtration and separation sciences,” said Behnam Pourdeyhimi, Ph.D. Klopman Distinguished Chaired Professor at North Carolina State University.